South Korea’s Yonhap news agency quoted a South Korean military official as saying the force believed North Korea had fired four missiles from the missile system into the Yellow Sea on the morning of March 20.
On March 20, South Korean military officials said North Korea may have launched four of the many missile systems it has launched into the Yellow Sea.
South Korea’s Yonhap news agency quoted a South Korean military official as saying the force believed North Korea conducted four launches from multiple missile systems in the early hours of March 20.
The launch is said to have lasted an hour from 7:20 a.m. at an undisclosed location in South Pyongan Province.
The National Security Council of South Korea held an emergency meeting at the vice-minister level on the matter.
[Ministry of Defense of Japan: North Korea may have launched a ballistic missile]
The official confirmed that the South Korean military remains operational and continues to monitor developments closely.
North Korea has carried out a series of launches with unprecedented frequency since the beginning of the year.
U.S. and South Korean officials said last week that North Korea may have used its largest intercontinental ballistic missile system in its last two launches and appeared to be repairing tunnels at its nuclear test facility.